The AusYCSEC mission is to bring together young professional / early career scientists and engineers concerned with physical coastal processes, build the coastal geoscience and engineering community, enhance research productivity, and develop novel research and mentoring opportunities.
More specifically, the AusYCSEC aims to
- Focus early-career researchers in coastal geoscience and engineering on priority challenges in coastal management.
- Foster development of skills and expertise in multi-disciplinary collaboration to solve complex challenges in the coastal zone.
- Promote connections between early-career researchers and early-career practitioners in the coastal geoscience and engineering community.
- Build a sustainable national network of coastal expertise by ensuring networks and linkages are developed at early career stages.
- Enable knowledge dissemination and training opportunities for early career researchers and practitioners in a supportive environment focussed on their career needs.
Diversity and inclusion statement
This conference series is committed to creating an equitable and diverse environment to showcase the skills and expertise of all the members of the Australian coastal geoscience and engineering community. The AusYCSEC Steering and Local Organising committees are committed to creating an environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect and to creating and fostering equality by ensuring the conference is a supportive and understanding environment for every individual to achieve their maximum potential regardless of difference.
The AusYCSEC series is organised and held on what was and always will be the land of Aboriginal , Torres Strait Islander and Maori people. We acknowledge and pay our respect to the Custodians of this land, Elders, past present and emerging. We acknowledge the many Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori peoples who have made an important contribution to this land and community, and continue to do so.