The Australian Coastal Dynamics Research Network is pleased to announce the 2nd Australasian Young Coastal Scientists and Engineers Conference (AusYCSEC) to be held in June 2021. This conference aims to bring together students, early career researchers, and young professionals working in the coastal geoscience and engineering disciplines. The conference is an opportunity for young coastal scientists and engineers to present their work in an informal setting and form connections with other young coastal scientists and engineers and with senior researchers and private/public professionals.
The conference will cover all aspects of coastal geoscience and engineering. This primarily includes the physical processes that occur at the land-sea interface encompassing a wide range of disciplinary areas including physics, geomorphology, engineering, sedimentology, and the social sciences. Topics covered at the conference will include, but are not limited to, coastal impacts of climate change, coastal processes such as waves and tides, coastal flooding, coastal structures, and coastal management.
AusYCSEC will have keynote speakers from academia, industry, and government. There will also be delegate presentations, networking events, professional development activities including express courses, and a local field excursion highlighting the regional coastal processes.
Who should attend?
- Final year undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Early to mid-career researchers with support from senior researchers
- Young professionals, with support from established practitioners
- Coastal scientists, engineers, and practitioners working in the not-for-profit sector
- Senior researches and established practitioners who have an interest in providing mentoring opportunities in research and in practice
- University, government and industry representatives, looking to promote research and career opportunities and network with upcoming academics, researchers, and practitioners.
- Anyone new to working or studying in coastal geoscience or engineering
Want to get the latest conference updates? Join our mailing list by entering your name and email address below
The AusYCSEC series is organised and held on what was and always will be the land of Aboriginal , Torres Strait Islander and Maori people. We acknowledge and pay our respect to the Custodians of this land, Elders, past present and emerging. We acknowledge the many Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori peoples who have made an important contribution to this land and community, and continue to do so.